The city also amended Section §151.02 of New York City's Health Code. The amended Code effects Landlords and deals specifically with persistent Bed Bug problems where the City has already issued a Violation and has been called back and found the problem still exists. This second Violation calls for:
- Retain a pest management professional certified and registered by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) to employ all measures necessary to remove bed bug infestation in such unit(s).
- Inspect and treat all units adjacent to, above and below infested unit(s) as well as all common areas as necessary to eliminate and prevent the spread of bed bugs.
- Keep a record of all actions taken in compliance with this Order and correct and properly certify as corrected the violation(s).
- Develop a pest management plan pursuant to Health Code §151.02 (c), in accordance with the attached guidance, to assist tenants in preventing and controlling bed bugs and other pests.
- An affidavit from the a NYSDEC licensed Pest Management Professional signed and completed indicating the dates on which inspections were conducted and the treatment(s) provided in the affected unit(s).
- Notify all occupants of these premises of such bed bug infestation, and actions to be taken by occupants in helping to control such pests.
Magic's Bed Bug Protocols meet & exceed New York City's guidelines.
Magic continues to develop new innovative Bed Bug Services including: